- 15 min.
- 10 min.
- 6 servings
Sauteed Shrimp and Cheese Grits
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Jim Dandy® Quick Grits
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced bacon
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper, strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper strips
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- Sliced green onions
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- BRING chicken broth and milk to a boil in large saucepan. Stir in grits and salt; return to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 5 minutes until thickened; stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Keep warm.
- COOK bacon in skillet until crisp. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels; set aside. Drain all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet. Add shrimp and peppers; cook until vegetables are tender and shrimp turn pink, about 3 to 5 minutes. Season with hot pepper sauce. Stir in bacon.
- SERVE shrimp mixture over warm cheese grits. Garnish with green onions and cheese.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 160mg, Sodium 690mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 25g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.