- 35 min.
- 42 min.
- 8 to 10 servings
Mom's Apple Cobbler
|Yield||8 to 10 servings|
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups peeled, finely chopped apples
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 350º F. Place butter in 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) baking dish; place in oven to melt. Combine sugar and water in medium saucepan; heat until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- PLACE flour in medium bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir with fork just until mixture begins to pull away from sides of bowl.
- KNEAD dough on lightly floured surface just until smooth. Roll out dough to 12 x 10 x 1/4-inch rectangle.
- COMBINE apples and cinnamon in medium bowl; stir to mix. Sprinkle apples evenly over dough. Beginning with long side, roll up jelly-roll fashion. Cut into 16 slices. Arrange slices in baking dish over melted butter. Pour sugar syrup carefully around and over rolls. (This looks like too much liquid, but crust will absorb it.)
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes before serving.
- APPLE RAISIN PECAN COBBLER: Sprinkle 1/2 cup raisins over melted butter in baking dish; arrange dough slices over raisins. Sprinkle top with 1/2 cup chopped pecans before baking.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 420mg, Total Carbohydrate 69g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 51g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.