- 30 min.
- 20 min.
- 6 servings
Ham and Sausage Jambalaya with Parmesan Cornbread Crust
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 to 1 pounds andouille, keilbasa or smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Spray a shallow 2-quart baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion, bell pepper and garlic, stirring occasionally until just soft, about 5 minutes.
- ADD sausage and ham; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, broth, thyme and red pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer while making cornbread.
- COMBINE egg, 1/4 cup oil, milk, corn meal, Parmesan cheese and parsley; stir until well blended. Pour filling into prepared baking dish. Pour cornbread batter around the edges of filling. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 550 (Calories from Fat 360), Total Fat 40g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 1460mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 9g), Protein 23g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 20%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.