- 15 min.
- 13 min.
- 40 biscuit bites
Country Ham Biscuit Bites
|Yield||40 biscuit bites|
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked country ham
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Coat a large cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Combine flour and ground red pepper in large bowl. Mix well. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in ham.
- ADD milk. Stir with fork until soft, moist dough forms. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Brush hot biscuits bites with melted butter.
- CHEESY COUNTRY HAM BISCUIT BITES: Prepare biscuits as directed above, except stir in 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese with the ham.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/20 2 biscuit bites), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.