- 30 min.
- 50 min.
- 8 servings
Country Berry Cobbler with Rich Biscuit Crust
- 6 cups mixed berries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine fruit, 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch in large bowl; mix well. Pour into 12 x 8-inch baking dish or other shallow 2-quart casserole. Dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- COMBINE flour and 1 tablespoon sugar in large bowl; mix well. Cut in 6 tablespoons butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is about the size of small peas. Add 2/3 cup cream; mix with fork until moistened, adding additional cream 1 tablespoon at a time if needed. Shape dough into a ball.
- ROLL out on lightly floured surface to 3/8-inch thick. Cut with knife or 3-inch biscuit cutter into 8 pieces; place on top of berries. Brush biscuits with 1 tablespoon cream; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- BAKE 40 to 50 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and thoroughly cooked. Cool slightly. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 27g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.