- 10 min.
- 15 min.
- 24 small biscuits
Blue Cheese and Olive Appetizer Biscuits
|Yield||24 small biscuits|
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup (4 oz.) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Spray cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour and cayenne in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender until shortening is size of small peas. Stir in blue cheese, olives and thyme. Add milk. Stir until soft dough forms. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/24 1 biscuit), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 4mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.