- 20 min.
- 42 min.
- 15 servings
Banana Cream Sheet Cake
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas, about 3 large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Martha White® All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening and sugar in large bowl; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in bananas and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl; whisk or stir to blend. Blend about 1/3 of the flour mixture into the creamed mixture on medium low speed. Blend in about half of the buttermilk. Repeat with flour mixture and buttermilk, ending with remaining flour mixture. Stir in pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Spread frosting over top of cake.
- Cream Cheese Icing
- BEAT cream cheese and butter in large bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- BEAT in sugar gradually until smooth on low speed. Stir in vanilla. Spread over cooled cake.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/15 of cake), Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 70g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 53g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.